Monday, January 1, 2024

The Career of Nash Gamett

 Nash poured May the last drop of coffee. “Do you feel better now?”

“Much so,” May replied, “and thanks and I really  thank you for not calling the police.”

“So now you have met Nash Gamett aka The Blue Bat of Baltimore?” Nash raised his arms in the air with the coffee pot in his right hand. They both laughed, then he took a seat and became serious.

“After losing that Governor’s race I went into deep depression and also went through a divorce. I was done with public life. Before becoming a wrestler I had attended college for one year in Virginia. So I went back to college, got a degree and then got a job as a court clerk. The Blue Bat gimmick started after I went back to college.”

“ A part-time gig?” May asked.

“Yes it was and I even used it later, on the weekends, after I went to work at the courthouse. Then one night in Mississippi, Howard Long stole my attire and became The Blue Bat of Baltimore.”

"The wrestler who also was a famous con man. Today he works at a YMCA in Ohio.”

Nash laughed, “You have a head full of information.”

“I read a lot and study the things that interest me.”

“Now you have met me, what are your future plans?”

“I plan to write a book.”

“Well if you plan to write a book about me you are too late. My daughter wrote a story about my life.”

“My book will not be entirely about you. It is going to be about my travels and the people I meet along the way.”

“Do you plan to meet Howard Long?” Nash asked.

“I saw him one, but did not talk to him.” replied May. “Now seeing you I plan to write my book.”

“So I am the final chapter?”

“You can say that."